Thursday 22 December 2011

Den's & Tarts.....

When I was younger it was the nineties, CD's were coming into fashion, video consoles were getting more popular and evolved and leggings were dying out. Not to mention I watched my Disney films in stop animation on a VHS. Now look at life, who owns a CD anymore? Not me, nor will I ever again, I have an ipod and a laptop with Internet connection, why would I buy a CD? Videos are a thing of the past, even DVD's are slowly dying out to make room for Blu-Ray.

In my childhood I got more fresh air than children today, kids played out, there was no sense of exact time you just came back in the house when the street lights came on. Roaming the streets was a thing to do now it's a thing you wouldn't dare to do. Football is now in competitive teams every Sunday instead of just randomly kicking a ball on the field and trampolines when did they come into fashion? Who said that every other house in the street should have a damn trampoline.

I felt I was privileged to have a Sega when I was young, then it got traded in for a PlayStation, I thought I was out of my mind. But now everyone has maybe 2 or 3 consoles plugged into their TV not to mention handheld ones.

The generation now, the generation that is my son's has completely changed. There are no board games, because there is an app for that, there's no train tracks or race tracks because there is a video game for that. There is no real life because there is 3D for that.

The reason why I'm sounding like a 50 year old is because today I personally felt I witnessed something amazing, after Josh had played with my ipod and the computer he asked me to build a den for him. Yes a den, and that is the pic of the day...



I can honestly say I was surprised, and yes this is my best effort. It took me back when I built a den it was the coolest place to be. He played in there for a good couple of hours, he took his toys in and made a school, and the thoughts that were passing through my head were 'all is not lost, he still does have an imagination'. It seems silly but I think DVD's, Video games and ipods kind of take away some peoples creativity and imagination, the kind that I developed at a young age because I didn't have all this technology.

On a lighter note, since that was a little depressing, I baked jam and lemon tarts, and also mince pies for my dad since I dislike them, so here's a pic of that....

No comments:

Post a Comment