Friday 30 December 2011

New Book....

So the pic of the day today is the new Cecelia Ahern book I received for Christmas, I adore Cecilia Ahern's books. They are beautifully written, she really thinks outside the box and that's what I love about them. They are usually lovely chick-lits but with a little piece of magic within them.


The book is brand new so of course it is hardback and I fell in love with it straight away, it has the beautiful gold lettering and it's in my favourite shade of purple, plus an added bonus of the ribbon bookmark which you just do not see in books these days. It was a sign that I would not be able to put this book down. Sure enough I was right, I started reading last night and finished just moments ago.

The book is titled The Time Of Your Life, it's about a woman who is visited by her own life and led on a journey through her past and present. She has to face and overcome people and emotions she has buried down for years. It truly is a wonderful read and extremely captivating, I'm a little sad its ended. What I love about Cecelia Ahern's books is that she makes you think afterwards, things like if life visited me what would I say? What would they say about me? Am I happy? Do I have dreams that I want fulfilled?

The answer to that last one is yes, yes I do. I love baking, it's the one thing that I think I am fairly good at, I mean I know I can improve a great deal but for now I'd say I was average. I would love to have my own tea rooms and bakery, somewhere beautifully rustic, where my friends and family work with me. I'd like it to be a cosy, warm place just full of laughter. Where new people came in but I'd love to have regulars as well. It would have huge sofa's and bookshelf's just filled with all types of genres. Something for everyone. Now that is a dream.

Also I said I'd give a quick review of the film New Years Eve, it was good, I personally enjoyed it. It was funny and heartwarming not to mention a little bit sad. But like its sister film Valentines day I think it's only good for the one watch and then if it comes on the TV at some point you could watch it again then. I don't think it's one I'll be buying.

No comments:

Post a Comment