Sunday 29 January 2012

Explanation Illness....

I haven't blogged in a week because I've been ill and bed bound.

First got a stomach pain on Sunday afternoon which turned into agonising pain which I couldn't stand so had to be taken to the hospital. I was diagnosed with gastritis and prescribed some pain killers but it was mainly a case of I'd just have to grit through it until it passes, and that is generally what I've been doing for a week. First couple of days I was still laying down because I couldn't stand or walk, on Thursday I could move a bit more but I still couldn't stand or straighten my body. On Friday I was more fluid in movement so I helped my mother a little with her buffet food for my parents anniversary party that night.

I got dressed okay and went with them to the party to celebrate 25 years of them being married. It was a good party with friends and family but I think I'd done too much in the day and sat down most of the evening out of exhaustion.

On Saturday I felt I'd done too much, my joints were aching, my back was on fire, I basically sat in whatever comfort I could get and watched TV.
I've discovered a new TV show called Grimm which entertained me all of Saturday since I watched all 9 episodes that were on the Internet. I think it's quite good, it's not the best produced or scripted but I enjoy it, it's not bad but it's not good, that's the only way I can describe it. The only reason I started watching it is because it is based on the Grimm fairy tales which I love and it has one of my favourite actors in. Silas Weir Mitchell I personally feel he is under appreciated in his acting roles, he seems to play kind of the same character but he plays it well. The usual sidekick, the crazy one, the comedy one. I think hes a great as a supporting role in this TV show and he was so funny in Prison Break until he died in it which was quite upsetting because he was my favourite character. In Grimm he plays a big bad wolf gone good and a funny one at that. Even though this series is not 100% up their with my favourites I shall still be watching it to the end.

Today my brother Darren and his girlfriend Suzanne came up to see my parents since they missed the anniversary party. It was great to see them both and Darren got rather excited about an old Amstrad that still works, took it home and everything, he was like a small child in a toy store. No doubt he'll be playing on it tonight.

Can't make up for the missed week of pictures so I'll just start again, here's a pic of my brother with the Amstrad, him playing on it...

No comments:

Post a Comment